Gum Diseases and Treatment
Fill Out This Form and We’ll Call You Backwith more information about gum disease and treatments available at our 3 hospitals in Istanbul, treatment process, prices as well as pre-operation information and the post-operation recovery period.
The most common gum complaint is gingivitis where the gums have become infected. This occurs in cases of poor oral hygiene habits and show the gums are fighting oral bacteria.
- Red gums
- Bleeding while brushing
- Swollen and softer gums
- Sensitivity and sometimes pain
- Sometimes bad breath
Sometime gingivitis, if left untreated, will not become worse. If it does, it may lead to the bone too becoming infected. Gingivitus is treated by the dentist cleaning the teeth and by adopting healthy oral hygiene habits at home.
Causes of Gingivitis:
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Poor brushing and flossing techniques.
- Poorly fitted fillings and prosthetics leading to plaque build up.
- Periods of hormonal change such as puberty, pregnancy and menopause.
- Removal of dental stones on the teeth and, if necessary, below the gums.
- Teaching better oral hygiene habits.
- Correction or replacement of poorly fitting fillings and/or prosthetics that encourage the build up of plaque.
- Regular check ups.
WARNING: Everyone is unique. This means that the treatment length, planning and results may be different for yourself. The information you see here are is the resulting average from a large range of samples. You can contact us for more detailed information via 0549 791 99 01
|Number of Sessions/Operations|
|Return to work|
|Permanence of Results|
|Length of Hospital Stay|